More than 500 people responded to a public consultation carried out between 21st Sept and 4 November - with a significant majority supporting the proposals. Members of Streatham Green Party team have contributed ideas for the plans, which include:
- Hillside Passage - greening and accessibility
- Hillside Road - road safety scheme
- Faygate Road - road safety scheme
- Wavertree Road junction with Daysbrook Road - reclaiming wasteland for greening
- Daysbrook Road junction with Palace Road - new informal pedestrian crossing
- Telford Avenue - traffic calming
- Sternhold Road junction with Sternhold Avenue - new planters/bed
Full consultation report here.
Meanwhile, residents to the east of Streatham Hill are to be consulted again on whether they want a controlled parking zone; parking congestion has worsened considerably since parking controls were introduced to the west of the Streatham Hill.