Due to circumstances completely beyond the organisers control – namely the terrible wet winter weather – the Common has become heavily waterlogged and it was not believed that the ground will be sufficiently dry for Kite day to take place.
The Kite Day Committee however says that it will still feature:
- Brighton Kite Fliers – with their large display kites
- Team Spectrum – with their sensational kite displays to music
- Cascade Kite Displays – Kevin and Janet and their large display kites
The Highwaymen will have their stall and will be selling kites and anything kite related.
The Lambeth Sustainable Travel team are providing a free Dr Bike service – so you can bring your bike for a free bike fix and have a chat about sustainable travel options and support.
Food and other non-kite things will include:
- Ishmael’s Mother - original Asian cooking
- FoodBums - vegetarian chilli
- hog roast
- real coffee stall
- burgers, hot dogs, ice cream
- bouncy castle
- face painting