Improving the Streatham Hub Development
Years of neglect of both Streatham ice rink and Streatham Leisure centre meant that the Council was in a very weak position to negotiate with Tesco, and many people in the local community feel that they are being short-changed.
There are a number of specific concerns including:
- The inaccessibility of the new leisure centre
- The way workers are treated by Tesco
- The removal of the steam room and sauna which were in the old leisure centre, but will not be in the new one
- The detrimental impact on small businesses in the area and the environment
- The broken promise of a new town square which is not in the plans
- The absence of solar panels in the new development
You can read a bit more about the concerns here. We have launched a '3S petition' to get the sauna, steam room and solar panels installed. We also got a review of the accessibility of the new hub. We will keep you updated with progress on this blog.