COVID-19 numbers are rising rapidly in Lambeth and across London. Since midnight on Friday the whole of London moved to ‘Level 2’ – HIGH restrictions, which means we must all follow extra rules to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
New restrictions are in place in Lambeth and London. The key new rules that affect us all include:
· You must not socialise with anybody other than members of your household or support bubble in any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public place
· Social mixing between households is not allowed indoors, including in homes, pubs or restaurants.
· The ‘Rule of Six’ will continue to apply outdoors, including in private gardens.
· Restaurants, cafes and pubs can remain open but must close by 10pm, and will need to follow the ban on households mixing indoors
· Retail, schools, public transport and universities will remain open.
You can also also read the government guidance for more detail about the new restrictions.
What Tier 2 ‘High Alert’ Means
The Government has produced this infographic, which explains the practical changes and restrictions which being in this alert status means: