At the heart of this silent procession along the high road is a two-fold commitment: - to stand with families that have been affected by knife violence
- to stand for our community and future generation of young leaders
Organisers say: "This is not about creating fear. We want to show that as a community we CAN put our differences aside for one day. We really CAN stand together against the needless and devastating violence that plagues our young people and community."
The Procession is:
• a 'Silent Walk to remember those we have lost
• a request that the issue becomes a priority on the agenda for authorities who can help deal with it
• a call to the leaders and elders of all our communities to believe we can make a change and act on that belief
• an offer of visible support and hope to young people who may be feeling lost, trapped and unable to speak out
There will be speakers and participation from parents, concerned citizens, local youth groups, councillors, Lives not Knives, JAGS foundation and Seeds of Peace. All welcome to join in making a powerful stand for our community and future generations.
Registration from 8am:
9am walk begins.
Registration and Starting Points:Starting point 1: outside Lidl off Green Lanes/Norbury end of Streatham High Rd
Starting point 2: outside the Crown & Sceptre Pub on Streatham Hill end (opposite the bus garage).
End point: All walkers will meet in the middle at The Odeon Streatham where there will be a short speech and performance.
• You will need to register on the day to join the walk.
• Everyone is welcome to join as long as you bring a peaceful and friendly attitude.
• Please Bring your own peace- themed banners and wear white (or a white item).