We are really pleased to be supporting the the Little Big Peace Event - a week long free festival in Streatham - which runs this year from September 17th - 23rd.
The little big peace event sets out to explore the culture and concept of peace in an inspiring and open-minded atmosphere. It aims to draw in the local and wider community, both as participants and event goers, with the idea of inclusiveness and acceptance, and that peace is both political and personal.
It was inspired by 'Peace One Day'.
This year's events will include:
- A screening of Peace One Day's film "The Day After Peace"
- An evening of talks and workshops led by John Paul Flintoff (author of "How to change the world").
- A lantern procession along Streatham High Road, followed by an evening of choral singing with The London Bulgarian Choir.
- A music & entertainment night
- A day of complimentary therapies (meditation, yoga, reflexology, alexander technique, reiki, shiatsu etc)
- An Evening of Music and song plus short film at the Hideaway jazz cafe, featuring Prem Rawat, globally renowned Ambassador of Peace.
- Workshops in local schools
- " Seeding the future": an evening of talks with an inspirational panel of speakers. How we can support young people and create an atmosphere of trust in our community.
- A football match - kids v/s celebs, on Streatham Common on September 21st.
All events are free. More infor at www.littlebigpeace.com for regular updates and on Twitter: @littlebigpeace